Dec 13, 2022

Advent Calendar 13: Outrageous!! Truly truly truly outrageous that this isn't a Jem Review!

Outrageous!!

 It might not be Jem, but it's the next outrageous thing... I am referring to Aquaman... NO! I DID NOT SAY AQUAMOMOA, I SAID AQUAMAN!! The dude who is strong, fast, and awesome, but is perennially mocked because he talks to fish.


Point is that I got a comic book Aquaman from McFarlane, which is good, because I didn't want Jason Momoa.

Articulation 
Aquaman has the standard DCMV articulation. 
Incredibly enough his fins do not block the leg articulation. His hair is soft and does not restrict head articulation that much. I am pleased with Aquaman's articulation.
5.0


Paint and sculpt
Since this is a McFarlane figure there are plenty of details especially on his upper body where he has an armored torso with scales. While he doesn't support the classic short-haired clean shaven look, his bearded look is outrageously good. The only two issues I have are paint related. The first issue is that his skin tone looks very fake flesh tone. The other issue is that his eyes are painted like he's looking sideways.
4.5


Accessories 
I'll ignore the stand and card as always. He only has his trident. I wish he had extra hands to do a better talk to fish pose. Why would Aquaman need Gun trigger hands?
2.0

Overall
Aquaman gets a 3.83 as his final score. The fact that he's so bare bones hurt him a lot more than I expected. He's not a bad figure by itself, but the shortcomings really brought him down.
Superman: Damn you're ugly...
How about some Gwent?
Looks like rain...
Come Roach!
Cyborg: *crying* Damn you Whedon! Curse you Hamada, Screw you Geoff Johns!*crying*
Superman: Why are you crying?
Cyborg: They made me say Booyah!
Superman: You're crying because they made you say Booyah!? Did you even see what they did to my face?
But no matter, I am on the path now... I am a Witcher now... soon I might even be Bond!
Bats! Looks like you've got a call from the block... better get some venom for your Benaconda...
Batman: I can only stay for a 10 second cameo because Booty calls...
Diana: Don't you mean Duty calls?
Batman: I KNOW WHAT I SAID!!
Aquaman: Mera did what!? OUTRAGEOUS!!
Flash: Mahalo motherf-
Diana: Barry... no...
Flash: I was thanking all my Hawaiian gans for letting me give them some Hawaiian Punch...
Diana: You mean the drink, right?
Flash: Screw you and your false sense of Morality, miss "I raped a dude while my boyfriend's ghost used his body"!


No comments:

Post a Comment