Dec 2, 2022

Advent Calendar 02: Wrestling Props aren't just for Wrestling toys

 I am a huge advocate for props and background accessories for action figures. Rarely companies do these and when they do oh, they are a pain in the ass to find... Hell, AFAIK, Mattel hasn't done accessory packs after the Create a Superstar sets from 6-7-ish years ago. I have gotten Rings. Vehicles (Hopefully I'll finish a certain custom for the Slambulance vehicle and fulfill a promised review.) 


I mentioned that The Advent Calendar this year would have some Time travel shenanigans. Items in it were going to have sneak peeks in other reviews. 

Here I have 2 Accessory packs from Ringside Collectibles:
Wheelchair playset
 Casket playset
I don't know why they call them playsets since they are accessory packs, but must be a marketing thing.

As far as I know, these are third party accessories with no affiliation to any of the big wrestling companies. I got the wheelchair accessory pack to complement the Slambulance. The crutches and the wheelchair were the main pieces of interest. 
April: My ass... I keep forgetting how dangerous
turtle dick is...
Billie: Wait, you ACTUALLY FUCKED HIM!? I Was unconscious for an hour after his dick uppercut me.*
Mikey: Oh girls! It's WOW time!



The casket was the thing that interested me most out of the casket playset. I don't care for the not the Undertaker's urn... but it's an extra accessory.
Raph: Sheesh, Mikey, you gotta control your
One-eyed Willy...
Don: We're talking about the Goonies, right?
Leo: Umm...
Raph: Yeah, Donnie, I'm talking about the Goonies...
Mike: Chunk's my favorite Goonie, The Truffle Shuffle's hilarious.
Leo: He's talking about your dick slapping Billie Eilish to death after being drugged by the Shredder.
Mike: How many times do I have to apologize about my penis?
April: APOLOGIZE TO MY ASS!
Mike: YOU LIKED IT!
Stop treating me like I'm the Baaaaaad Guy...
Muffled voice: Duh...


The accessories remind me a lot of the Jakks Pacific WWF stuff in a good way.  (It's possible that these may be repros of the Jakks stuff.)

This will not be a normal review since it's a pair of accessories sets.

Let's start with the wheelchair set:
The wheelchair is pretty decent, nice details that fit the TMNT Ultimates aesthetics than Wrestling figures. Since I wanted something that fits S7TMNT, this is perfect for me. It's supposed to be a Motorized chair. But it has manually powered handles. It wheels rather well. The foot rests also rotate.

The crutches are crutches. They work, OK... there isn't that much to say about them.

Neck brace is made out of foam and flop I thought you was with velcro it's a Nifty little detail but it's not one that I might use.
Crutches and neckbrace will complement the Slambulance the one I'm not customizing...

For less than $8 I'm satisfied with this set.
Warning:
I have read some reviews that claim the wheelchair being super fragile. These reviews were for the 10 piece backstage set. I haven't ordered that set, so I don't know if the chair is the same. But on the Wheelchair set there are no negative reviews about the chair itself.

Now it's time for the Casket set.
The casket is HUUUUUUUUGE!
Fits Marvel Legends,  DCUC, Mattel WWE, MCFARLANE DCMV, NECA humans, humans from Super7 Ultimates, MOTUC... but the Turtles are too THICC for the casket... NECA, SH FIGUARTS, and SUPER7 fit on the casket, but their half shells are the reason why the casket can't close. That also means tailed figures like Splinter are a no-go, oversized figures like Kingpin, Hulk, Bebop, Ram Man, Etrigan. Figures with non removable plastic capes are a no go either...




For less than $11 this set is really great! The Casket feels well built and the extra accessories are pretty good as well (aside the headstone holes being a bit too loose.) 
Raph: It's bad enough that we have to secretly bury Billie Eilish, but now Cap'n Horndog wants to be Cap'n Necrophilia...
Mike: Billie, I'm so sorry!
Leo:Get off, Mikey!
Raph: That's what got us into this problem in the first place.
V.O: Someone heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllp!!
Don: That kinda sounds like...


The rest of the set is GREAT for a WWE Undertaker Casket Match, which is what it was intended for. For MY personal interests, which aren't a WWE Undertaker Casket Match. With that said, The Urn looks pretty good for Nefty-kun's Mom's Ashes. The shovel is just a generic beaten up shovel. The headstone is my second favorite and least favorite accessory of the set.
My only issue with it is that the top half of the headstone pops off way too easily than I'd like.
If it didn't fall off by looking at it wrong, it'd be perfect.
April:OWWW!!
Raph: Goddammit! April broke the Headstone! We won't get a refund...
Mike (crying): I'm so sorry Billie!
Muffled voice: Heeeyyy!!
Leo: Did you guys hear that?
Mike: It almost sounds like Billie is still here with us...
Don: Mike! Get off! We need to open the casket!!


It's a shame that right now only Jazwares and Boss Fight Studios are the only "big boys" making props and accessories for wrestling figures. I know that other companies make accessories like food, furniture, etc. Sadly those are often for Japanese 1/12 scale which often ends up being too small for American 1/12 and too small for 1/10 which is the MOTUC/SUPER7/NECA non toon TMNT Stuff. 
Billie: I don't know what the Hell is going
On here, but I woke up in a casket.
Mike: But the Shredder said you were poisoned...
Billie: I was, but I have an immunity to most poisons. Not to mention that I accidentally drank retromutagen ooze... it was weird, because I don't drink glowing liquids.
Raph: Thank goodness! I don't have to dig a grave anymore.
Don: I even found Paul Bearer's urn...
Leo: Put that back Donnie we don't want to piss off the Undertaker.
Raph: You mean we could've had the Undertaker dig this grave?
April: No one is gonna give me a hand?

We need more accessories for dioramas. Not just wrestling. Parking meters, street signs, fire hydrants, manhole covers, mailboxes, Newspaper vending machines, Hell even payphones or phonebooths. (Jakks made all of those for hardcore matches)

*= See the upcoming Billie Eilish it came from the Toy Chest starring her.

This may be the source of the Chair.
I don't want to speculate on how Ringside
Collectibles is making these. Mostly becaise I want to avoid people accusing me of wanting to
destroy Ringside Collectibles like "I did with Mattycollector".

Apparently some of these pieces might be inspired by Jakks Pacific items. 
Parking Lot Pandemonium without the Diecast Metal would be a great idea, nudge nudge wink wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment