Dec 16, 2022

Advent Calendar 16: if Cheetara gave me a boner as a kid, does that make me a furry?


 I wonder how many 80s straight kids experienced an unexpected boner with the first episode of Thundercats? I know this is a weird introduction to my Mom's favorite Thundercat, but I'm pulling a Jenius move like the dude that used his dead daughter's favorite song for two characters hooking up in an awkward sex scene.

So, while I have a HUGE liking towards MOTU, my Mom preferred Thundercats and Cheetara was her favorite. Panthro was her second favorite Thundercat. But enough of personal stuff and let's talk Cheetara. So she's fast, has Extra Sensory Perception and she likes gold...
Spike, roll the Austin Powers clip!

Articulation:
Her articulation is similar to April O'Neil's. The only difference is that Cheetara has underboob articulation instead of waist twist. She's a bit hard to balance but with a little cheating, a running pose is somewhat achievable.
Nefty-kun: Why are you Running!? Why are you running!? 35 years ago, You gave me a boner!!
You made me the pervert I am today and you must take responsibility!!


I kinda wish that Super7 would make a Cheetara running base... basically a mostly clear stand with "speed streaks and dust" that you can plug in the Cheetara figure... think the soeed streaks from flash and reverse flash, but with an integrated stand to keep the figure from falling.
4.5
Cheetara and Invisible Tygra jumping into action! Or so I was told... I can only see Cheetara.


Paint and sculpt:
Spike, roll the Vito Corleone clip!
We already know the story on how the Chinese Factory butchered the sculpt by The Four Horsemen. While it's bad, it's not a trainwreck... one positive I must mention is that the groove on her left bracer can store her staff in compact mode. The hip issue is not as pronounced as in earlier prototypes, so I guess that's a good thing. The colors are a bit too bright on the figure. It could've been worse, but it should've been better.
4.0
Vertical hinged hands were a necessity for her.
She can't play the flute and control Ma-Mutt!
Oh yeah! Check out her staff concealed snugly on her bracer.


Accessories:
Extra heads (2)
Extra hands (4)
Staff (2)
Mirror
Flute
Staff effect 
Pendant (2)
Mirror of Truth actually works...
Sure, it's a piece of mirrored tape, but it works.


The amount of accessories seems reasonable, but They should've added vertical hinged hands for some staff poses. The staff effect is far too heavy for the staff. The pendants(?) Feel a bit too flimsy for my liking.
4.0
Cheetara: It's Mumm-Ra!
Mumm-Ra: I want to see your tits, my dear!
Nefty VO: Cheetara was not impressed by Mumm-Ra's shriveled twig and berries.


Overall 
Cheetara gets a 4.17 as her final score. The downgraded sculpt really hurt her. Some of her accessories feeling flimsy do not help her either... It's not a trainwreck, but it deserved to be better... It's Cheetara, dammit! This was an important figure to not screw up!! Right now this has completely killed my interest in any Tigersharks figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment