Dec 18, 2022

Advent Calendar 18: Another delayed speedster review in 10 seconds flat!

 

I kinda miss FiM...

This review is so late that a new Generation of My Little Pony has arrived. So, I'm talking about Rainbow Dash...

As you can see, this is the "tomboy" Rainbow Dash, not the OTHER ONE...

It seems like I'm padding the review with references to past MLP stuff, I am. Last time I saw something My Little Pony related was

The Netflix Original movie, where Ken Jeong played a pony.

Spike! We get it! You think Ken Jeong is a one note comedian that should've remained a doctor!  But this is a review about Rainbow Dash! Now focus! 

Articulation
The articulation is similar to the other Guardians of Harmony Pony figures. Specifically, Twilight Sparkle's so let's borrow my statements from it! (And change the words a bit so it looks different)
Hinged neck (can also look left and right)
hinged ball jointed forelegs (in two different points of the leg)
cut joint on the hind legs, and pseudo ball joint wings.
Since these ponies have "real articulation" no Pony Curve is needed, so less work for me.
These aren't as articulated as Marvel Legends, McFarlane or Japanese imports like Mafex or SH Figuarts, but for My Little Pony toys, they're VERY Articulated.
4.0
Tank is being held up by Blu Tac and a ton of prayers. These figurese needed flight stands if they were for adult collectors.


Paint and sculpt
This sub-line of MLP suffered from sloppy QC with bad tampos, weird paint slop among other things. My RD isn't immune to the paint curse. Other than that she looks more cartoon accurate than the ones with brushable hair.
4.0
Why are these here, Tank? They're as useful as the cards from McFarlane or Super7 Retro sprrued weapons on TMNTU


Accessories 
Goggles that work
Tank the tortoise with working propeller
Weird stylish accessory inspired by Rainbow Dash's cutie mark... This Rainbow Dash does not dress in style!!
Stupid useless shield.
4.0
Kinda wish I had a Speedy Gonzalez...


Overall
Rainbow Dash gets a 4.0 as her final score. I got to point out that the background on the package is familiar...
I know it's kind of feels a bit pointless, but I had to review this Rainbow Dash just to get her out of the way. The poor QC hurt this sub-line a lot to the point that I stopped looking for the others AND Rainbow Dash was stuck in the to do pile for years!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment