Dec 19, 2022

Advent Calendar 19 Addendum: This Duncan has no Donuts...


 I am referring to Duncan, the Man-at-Arms of Eternia. I was hoping for a new Eternia version of him, but so far the only one available is the Kevin Smith version. So here we are. Do I have to explain Man-at-Arms?

Zoardammit! Duncan, the Man-at-Arms of Eternia is a wandering warrior who unearths ancient weaponry from the war-torn wastelands of Eternia. In other continuities, hes the General of the Eternos Palace Army and is a Renaissance Man: Historian, Tactician, Soldier, Scientist, Mentor... in the Netflix CG bastardization, he's a comedic sidekick...

MAA: Get back here you little shit!
Orko: Nuh-uh!! Not until you tell me what's going on!!
MAA: YOU ATE MY LAST DONUT!!

Articulation 
So far, all human figures in Masterverse share articulation. His shoulder armor tends to move around. We have seen this in MOTUC and in Origins.  Other than that, his articulation is standard issue. There isn't much to write about if you have seen other Masterverse figures.
4.0 
MAA: Bet you didn't see this one coming!!
Tri-Klops: OWWWW!
Skeletor VO: Dodge you three eyed Boob!
Nefty VO: Just because MAA was voiced by the guy who played Ser Davos Seaworth doesn't mean we HAVE to make Game of Thrones references! Also, the Three-eyed raven was related to Bran Stark's story...
Teela VO: I'M WINTER!! I'M WINTER!!
MAA: Zoardammit, Adam!!
Neft VO: Zoardammit indeed, Dunkin...


Paint and sculpt
Despite being based on Revelation, the figure has a decent sculpt.it captures the essence of that version of MAA. Also, the design for him didn't stray too much from the original toy design... No signs of paint slop or bleed on my figure. I'm still not fond of the Masterverse proportions.
4.5

Accessories 
4 hands
Mace
I could count the leg and arm armor as 3 pieces... I kinda wish to see a New Eternia MAA...
4.0
Once you repaint Battlecat he looks a lot better... Oh I know that I said that Masterverse figures are inferior to MOTUC, but if you can't get MOTUC, then these are acceptable as a starting point...


Overall
Man-at-Arms gets a 4.17 as his final score. Personally I believe the lack of accessories was what made his score lower. He's a decent figure but lacked a bit of extra something to make him great.

No comments:

Post a Comment