Dec 12, 2022

It Came from the Toy Chest: Scratch I haz one.

 

I wasn't too interested in Scratch at first. It was IDW and their take on the Mutanimals that made me kinda interested on the character. I KNOW that Scratch and Old Hob aren't the same character... BUT they kinda are. Both are named after the devil. Both are feline criminals. That's where the similarities end. While Hob is the Feline Equivalent of Magneto, Scratch is a Cat Burglar turned convict. But one could argue in a weird way, that Scratch is the "Fred Wolf Studios-ized" version of Old Hob.

ARTICULATION 
Scratch has MORE articulation than a standard TMNT Ultimates figure. No, I'm not talking about the tail. It's an extra articulation point, but not the one I'm talking about... he had BOTH Diaphragm and waist twist. Even with the sculpted on shackle, he can stil pose his left foot quite well.
4.5
Scratch: Bang or slap?
Please choose slap!! It's more fun
than capping your ass...


PAINT AND SCULPT
My Scratch has a slight case of badly painted pupils on his normal head. It's not SUPER noticeable, but I noticed. The paranoid head has a better paintjob. The sculpt is a decent approximation of thr vintage Scratch with the file necklace made removable and an addition of a Chained Ball that was implied in the vintage figure.
5.0
Scratch: And then I went, "Stop! Hammer time!"
JB: Yeah?
Scratch: Yeah!!
JB: Coo!
Scratch: Meow?
JB: That's why you da' boss, boss!


ACCESSORIES 
As I mentioned, Scratch has:
-Alternate head
-extra hands. Sadly they sent me 2 horizontal hinge left hand. Supposedly, that's a common error.
-Cake slice gun
-Dead fish slapper
-Bag of cash
-Hammer
-big File
-file necklace
-Jailbird
JB: Boss, yer bag broke...
Scratch: It's OK, Jailbird! Once I file this chain
I'll be free as a bird...
JB: I was your cellmate, boss... there ain't such
thing as a Free Bird.
Scratch: Are you in jail now?
JB: No.
Scratch: Then you're a Free Bird!!
JB: Whoa...


vintage styled rack with:
-Cake slice gun 
-dead fish slapper
-big file
Shackle with ball and chain.
5.0
JB: Weren't you going to lose the ball and chain, boss?
Scratch: I was, but I kinda fell in love with it.
Mondo: Duuuuuude, they still use ball and chains in 2022? I thought they used electronic tracking devices or something. Also, isn't your uniform supposed to be orange?
Ray: *whisper* Stop questioning Mr. Scratch unless you find out why they call him Scratch...
Seymour: I thought his name was Old Hob.
Slash: I heard his name was Nick Deuce.
Scratch: You know I can hear all of you, right?
Scratch is my nickname. My real name is Lucifer...
JB: Lucifer as in the devil?
Scratch: I wish! Lucifer as in Lucia Fernanda... My human former servant thought I was a girl.
I became Scratch to strike fear into the hearts of many.
Mondo: But Lucifer is more terrifying...
Scratch: It used to be until Tom Ellis came along.
I tried Old Hob once... but people started calling me a hobknocker. I don't know what that is but it sounds dirty.
Slash: Wait, isn't that from iCarly? What kind of prison lets the inmates watch iCarly?
Mondo: The kind that keep former Sunway spokesdudes?
Seymour: Can we just start begging Super7 for Herman and Sally now?


OVERALL
Ol' Scratch gets a 4.83 as his final score. He is far better than I expected, but he's not perfect. The tail popping off by looking at it wrong, the painted eyes issue, the repeated hand issue are things that bug me. But I just realized that with  Scratch, we have both the "vintage versions" of Hob and Pigeon Pete. We have Man Ray, Seymour, Mondo, and Slash... basically a Sally and a Herman from completing the main IDW Mutanimals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment