Dec 16, 2022

Netflix is bringing another anime in live action

 My Hero Academia has been "graced" by getting a Netflix adaptation. We haven't seen how One Piece is going to be, but based on the respectful way they managed The Witcher and most importantly, Cowboy Bebop, let's say expectations are lower than hell's basement.

I have to state that I am not a fan of My Hero Academia,

 I only saw like the first three episodes and wasn't that interested in it. It felt like a Naruto clone, so it didn't hook me. They say it gets better past the first few episodes, but my source to watch the show, well, is no longer available.

One of the Writers of Disney's Obi-Wan is writing the script for a Japanese director. So this is going to be an East meets West thing... 
I'm afraid, because the writing is Western and for Netflix. I'm afraid that the writer might be more interested in leaving their mark than delivering something that properly represents My Hero Academia... Again, I'm not a fan, so I have no horse on this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment