Dec 6, 2022

Kirstie Alley was seen by Haley Joel Osment

 The actress known for Cheers, Star Trek II, and the Look Who's Talking movie series has lost her recent battle to cancer. While I have seen Star Trek II a couple of times and the look Who's Talking movies, I do NOT associate her with those. 

I remember Alley for her Jenny Craig Ads.
The one that I found hilarious is the one where she's completely ignored by Valerie Bertinelli, who is more focused on Jenny's food options than listening to Alley.

I Think she was in the "Not a Complete Copy of The Parent Trap But With the Olsen Twins and Mahoney from Police Academy". Just checked, she was. OK, I actually knew she was in It Takes Two, opposite Steve Gutenberg, but I played dumb for the sake of keeping the whole: "Kirstie Alley Appears on Stuff but Everyone keeps forgetting her".

I've seen all 3 Look Who's talking movies, but Remember NEXT TO NOTHING about them.
I mean the first one has Bruce Willis as the voice of the Baby. I think she marries John Travolta in the end, because in the Sequel, Bruce Willis gets a little sister voiced by Roseanne and in the third movie there's a Danny DeVito voiced dog.
I've seen Wrath of Khan and remember Khaaaaaaaaan! The death of Spock and Kirstie Alley was there somewhere and did stuff.
Her character was actually important to the plot when it was played by Robin Curtis and she alleviated the Pon Farr out of Spock. The saddest part is that these movies were from the time Alley WAS RELEVANT AND POPULAR... After the 90s ended, she became "The fat Has-Been that we still can't understand how she got popular in the first place". She's so forgettable that even Scientology forgot they had her to promote the church.

What I'm trying to say is that Jenny Craig killed Kirstie Alley... not literally killed her, but her career.

I don't know how to feel about this Cheers/Jenny Craig Ad. Is it a nod to Cheers while using Alley for an ad, or is it a desperate plea from Alley trying to make people remember that she isn't a "Jenny Craig has been"? 

It's kinda hard to pay tribute to someone famous who passed when the most relevant things they have done in the past 10 years has been:
-Talking about her weight ups and downs
-promoting weightloss programs that feel predatory with all the fees.
-having twitter meltdowns about "being canceled by the Left" 

Then to make things worse, on the stuff she's been that I've seen AND ENJOYED, I can't remember her! 

But, in a serious note, my condolences to her friends and family.



No comments:

Post a Comment