Dec 20, 2022

Advent Calendar 20: Munching on rats and mice is a job for a MOUSER or more.

 


NECA's Mousers dropped a while back. Baxter Stockman's rat exterminators and perennial nuisance to the children of the Hamato Clan. These are based off the 1987 toon. I want to keep waxing poetic, but they're just cannon fodder.

Articulation 
These are the most articulated Mousers we have ever gotten.
They might be the smallest in comparispn to Super7's or the Mirage Mouser from the Mirage April from 12-13 years ago, but they have a lot more articulation. 
While Mirage can only open its mouth, SUPER7 can move its legs at the "thigh" and bend over... The Cartoon Mousers can do everything Super7 does AND it also has Knee and Ankle hinge joints... literally all the articulation that a Mouser would need at that scale.
5.0


Paint and sculpt 
Here the Toon Mousers are at their weakest. The cartoon design is a more simplistic version of the mirage mousers. It also has the Toon Shading that I'm not a fan of. I mean It's a great representation of the Toon Mouser but, I Am the one with some issues surrounding the toon design. But, putting my biases aside, they get a 
4.5
Nefty: Thanks for the Pizza, Billie Eilish! It's weird that you dropped here at my humble abode bearing gifts...
Billie: I also have a wedge of cheese.
Naomi: What is Injuu Seisen and why is there a box of kleenex next to it?
Nefty: Uhhh...
Billie: He's a young man of culture whom I wouldn't challenge to an arm wrestling contest...
Naomi: Wait, is this one of those Hen ties where cartoons have sex?
Billie: Uhhhh...
Nefty: with demons that have massive satanic dongs that can split a woman in half...
Billie: So, are we gonna watch it or what?
Nefty: There lies the problem, I have no VHS at the moment.
Billie: and you blew your chance at a threesome...
Naomi: Wait, what? Were you two planning this?
Nefty: Don't look at me, I'm the guy who has a hentai collection... SHE'S THE BAAAAAAAAAAAD GUUUUUUYYY
Billie: Duh!
Shredder VO: Kuso! Kuso! Kuso!!



Accessories 
We get 4 intact Mousers
1 with battle damage, but can still stand
2 "damaged beyond repair" mousers
6 rats
1 vhs tape
1 slice of pizza
1wedge of cheese
1 spy fly robot
I wish we could've gotten a bag of 20 spy flies.
5.0
Karai VO: Mmmm! Oh yeah!
Shredder VO: Musume, katemasuka? Karai nanishiteruno?
Karai VO: Oyaji, nande nokku shinakatta no!?
Shredder VO: kuso, kuso, kuso!!


Overall
The mousers get a 4.83 as the final score. It's a decent score, but I still stand that we need a bag of spy flies... Will Super7 be able to beat this set? Let's find out!
Nefty: Killing rats for EXP. and Money feels so JRPG-like, but as the GameDude, videogame logic works on me.
Rats *squeaking* 
Rat King VO: Leave my subjects alone or you'll face my wrath!!



No comments:

Post a Comment