Dec 25, 2022

Another year, another Christmas

 There has been a lack of holiday cheer for me this season. Real Life™ has been a bitch this year. Advent Calendar was done in time aside the Christmas reveal... I was unable to get Santa from the Naughty or Nice collection on time for the Holidays. I don't think it's a "Me" thing. I mean there's no Holiday cheer in the air. In a street with 30-ish houses only 3 had holiday decorations. Most stores had very little of Christmas decorations on display. They had tons for sale though. Radio barely played any Christmas music... I had to Manually search for "All I want for Christmas is you" and "Feliz Navidad" in order to listen to them. Only once I heard Jingle Bells. That's messed up!


It's a recipe for disaster if one is going through depression and loneliness. To say that I feel like shit is putting it lightly. "Be grateful, appreciate what you have in life, go to work so you don't feel alone." sounds easy but it isn't. Not everyone works Christmas eve and on Christmas... OK, I do, but that's not the point. The point is that all that advice makes sense, but it doesn't work... it's like we KNOW what has to happen, but knowing it is not enough. It's fighting against the darkness wothin what becomes super hard. External factors can also be a hindrance.

Despite me feeling like shit at an emotional level, not having the holiday cheery feeling needed to survive this time of the year; I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and any other Holiday that I might be forgetting at the moment.

If you know someone who is not well at this time of the year due to issues, check up on them. I think a call,a text, something just to let them know that you're there for them. They might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment