Mar 11, 2023

Since the Original TMNT line seems to be Verboten, what do I want from TMNTU?

 Assuming the Playmates cockblocking is real, what do I want from this line?

That is an interesting question:
The answer lies on what can Super7 do:
Right now I want to complete rosters:
The Turtles are complete. No worries there.
Sure, I'd like an Undercover Donatello, for the sake of completing the disguised Turtles... but that might not happen.

Punk Frogs:
I guess that the other 3 now might end up as Genghis repaints with maybe new shirts and new accessories, which in a weird way is better for me.

Channel 6 crew might end up being toon based, yes! Or they might not get made... crap!

Neutrinos kinda piss me off if I end up stuck with just Zak.

Usagi is the big question: does this mean, that Super7 might have to work with Sakai to get an Ultimates Usagi Yojimbo that is compatible with TMNT, but not on the TMNT line?

Pamda Kham becoming less likely is not a big issue for me... mostly because my interest in him was to make Panda Cheese references. 

Bad guys:
What will happen to Tokka? If made, will he be movie accurate or will he be a Slash redeco with new parts? 

Super Shredder: most likely will end up being movie Accurate or Shredder's Revenge Accurate.

Krang's Android Body will most likely be toon or videogame based.

Groundchuck and Dirtbag: Shredder's Revenge versions give me hope.

I already discussed a Toon Traag with Toy inspired levels of Detail... wonder if that can bring us Granitor...

Pizzaface: the dream is dead. I should accept that he won't happen. Or can he be made if he were redesigned? 

Ooh... now that's the million dollar question: if Rat King was redesigned, could others be too? 
If they can make characters inspired by the Playmates toys, but not be super accurate to PMT's designs, I could begrudgingly accept that. The issue is how many people would accept that, since web chatter has been disappointment about this wave. Mainly about Bishounen Rat King, but we have to wait and see.

Honestly, I hope this makes Super7 look at other sources... imagine "vintage inspired" figures of Venus, Herman the crab, Agent Bishop, etc.
Between April and the teased Karai, there are enough parts to MacGyver a Human Jennika only requiring a new  belt, heads, and ninja claws.

Update:
Apparently, The Rat King figure is "inspired" by Shredder's Revenge. 
So there's hope for Tokka,Rahzar, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, and Kevin Nash... sadly, Pizzaface is screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment