Mar 9, 2023

Not so Random TMNT Ultimates thoughts: the revenge!!

 TMNT Ultimates is the new MOTUC here at the House of Rants, echoing my childhood,  which is rather weird. I mean it's a bit of deja-vu, seeing how history repeats itself. So what's the deal with the not so random thoughts?
I honestly don't have any idea since they pop into my head randomly or not so randomly.

Like say: Krang's Android Body:
I've tackled it a few times. I've mentioned that it should be roughly Transformed Mon*Star sized. My main issues are how to tackle the abdominal area, and accessories. Torso articulation might need to be sacrificed for the sake of stability. At best we could get underboob articulation, but it could interfere with the suspenders. I might even suggest that Krang would need new tentacles to use on the Android Body, since the vintage styled ones would require the body to be a bit too wide and have balancing issues. While we're at it, how about a new Krang expression? That way we can Mix and match with both Krangs. Personally, I lean towards a Krang looking determined or serious.

For accessories, the Toon tripod seems like a reasonable cost saving alternative than adding a second bubble walker. Obviously an alternate head for the AB would be nice. Extra hands (relaxed, fists, c-grip) are recommended. The claw, blaster, and communicator from the small sized vintage release are a must. 

If I were to tackle Rat King, I'd suggest, a second head with normal colored eyes. A removable belt, becauss I wouldn't use his belt on Rat King. The usual hands, maybe a few extra rats... better start looking for dollar store rats for the King... a Flute would be nice nod to the toon, but how about a third head with hat and a soft goods trenchcoat as a nod to the Red Sky Rat King... or a shield made of an actual rat king. There isn't much to add to him since it's Rat King. And Super7 teased him (while I was wrotong this rant) as the Wave 10 headliner... with a new rat... more on a different rant.

Chrome Dome is one that keeps me up at dawn. It's not the "lack of Chrome" that bugs me. It's more of a Size thing. NECA's Chrome Dome towers over Super Shredder, who is big and made for a larger scale line. PERSONALLY, I don't want a Ginormous Chrome Dome. I would like him to be on the 7 inches or 7 ¾ inches at his biggest. I feel that only Super Shredder and Krang's Android Body should be taller than Chrome Dome. Also, Chrome Dome lends himself to a GITD variant using the white and blue GITD Plastic with red accents being painted with normal paint.

I know that more techno weapons (naginata is the first one that comes to mind) is obvious... also not a ploy to create techno weaponry to reuse on a 2.0 version of the Foot Soldier. I think I have mentioned battle damage effects or alternative parts. It's just that even with the additions, he feels incomplete somehow.

Super Shredder's size is another thing that keeps me up at dawn... I think I've said that I want him somewhere between a normal MOTUC body or a Mumm-Ra sized body. I don't recall if i mentioned adding "mutated" versions of vanilla Shredder's arsenal. Also, I can see the potential for a GITD variant. With the helmet and blades being the GITD items... but in Super7 logic: Blue GITD body with black accents and green glow white GITD Plastic for the blades and helmet. 

Scaletail and Wyrm are worrisome for me due to their unusual bodies. Scaletail due to his multi snake right arm and having a serpent body with no legs and Wyrm having a tentacle for a leg... 

Sure, I'd like a Footski to be made, since it's the only Foot vehicle that is Logistically feasable and won't rape any wallets... but we gotta be honest here: IF the Foot Clan's getting only one vehicle, then the only one should be the Transport Module. Problem is that it might be more expensive than the Party Wagon.

While the Mousers were kind of an accessory pack, they kinda sucked as an accessory pack once you remove the mousers from the equation. We need more accessory packs that don't rely on having 5 mousers. Could we get Roadkill Rodneys instead? 

Do we really need all the variants? Which is weird since I end up making variant lists... seriously, getting the 4 Turtles in the Sumo variant woth a second hairless head would work for adult versions of them.

Non-vintage stuff infiltrating the Ultimates is another thing that keeps me up at dawn. There are plenty of characters that could enter the line that are not from the original toy line. Whether they come from Mirage comics, Archie comics, the cartoon, video games, even Next Mutation fit the "vintage" aspect. My issue is that there are more modern characters that could be added but probably won't. I say this because the new additions Super 7 brought in for MOTU classics where from FILMATION or the 1987 live action movie. Nothing from more modern media Like 200X was brought in. My main fear is that Super 7 begins to lean heavy into the cartoon stuff and turn ultimates into a watered-down cartoon line that in some ways would be inferior to NECA.

I have commented LOTS of times on how we could add some Mirage stuff into the line. I've dabbled on justifying how to add IDW, 2003 and 2012 stuff. Hell, I've even mentioned that addong new blood to the line could even help Playmates if S7 and Playmates collaborated on a pseudovintage continuation of the OG line. But the Seth Rogen movie won't help us there. 

I won't go deeply into playsets or dioramas because I have tackled those a lot. Mainly because the Slavish devotion to the vintage toyline ruins  most of the playset potential. Hell, my desire for props and backdrop pieces is greatly fueled by TMNT. (Marvel and DC are a close second for the "current era" stuff... "Medieval Fantasy and Sci-Fi" are mainly for MOTU)

I'll have to cut this short since The Rat King tease is forcing me to write another Wave 10 rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment