Mar 3, 2023

Top 100 Action Figure Props part 2: (80-61)

 Part 1 was a bit harder than I thought and I still have 4 parts to go.
The reason it's hard is because I have ideas that turn into Full Playsets and Playsets is not what I want. What I want is props that in some cases can have playability.

The themes that I will be covering are:
-Modern Era Earth... basically late 20th Century to Early 21st Century Earth items.
-Fantasy... this covers medieval, prehistoric, and stuff with a couple of centuries away from current year.
-Sci-Fi... Futuristic stuff, space stuff, etc.
-Organics: Things you see in the Natural world.

They won't be evenly split, for I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

80: Stalagmites, Stalactites, and other Cave stuff:
I don't need to say that the Sci-Fi supercomputer and rock formations from part 1 should combine with these to give a proper base of operations to a certain son of Martha. They could also make a decent Caverns of Fear display.

79: VCRs DVD players and other media devices:
Since TVs are already available... but I'd like more options outside dollhouse TVs. Meaning that other media devices need to exist in order to make the existing TVs feel whole.

78: Anvils and other smithing tools:
These work for medieval fantasy and I need something more than Bengali's anvil and hammer. These could also work in more modern settings: Spike! Show me Tony Stark making his iron suit!

77: Pizzeria props:
These are borderline TMNT Specific, but there's plenty of pizza usage for action figures: Luigi Primo. The weird wrestler who carries around pizza dough and fights as he makes a pizza. 
Open pizza box, closed Pizza box,  uncooked mid toss pizza dough, fully cooked pizza, open can of tomato sauce, ladle full of tomato sauce, uncooked flat pizza dough with sauce an unsliced pepperoni sausage, a partially chopped peperoni sausage, pizza pan, a chef's knife, apron, and chef hat. Whether it's Hamato Mikerangero, Alfred Pennyworth, or Marlena Glenn, we have the ability to display a character making pizza.

76: MONEY and Money paraphernalia:
Stacks of bills, counting machines, scale, 2 safes, bags of coins, mounds of coins briefcase full of cash.
This should have variants for US, Canada, Europe, and Japan.

75: Treasures:
Similar to the current Earth item before, but with ancient treasures:
mounds of gold coins, stacks of gold coins, bags of gold coins, scale, weights,small mound of coins that fits the scale. small treasure chest that can be carried under the arm, pile of gems, individual large gem, golden chalices, silver mirror, pearl necklaces, a golden cross with gems, etc.

74: Broken bottles, crushed cans and other kinds of weaponizable litter/garbage:
Yes, it sounds strange, but it makes sense. Broken bottles also work for bar brawl displays, but random broken bottles, cans and other garbage can help add a touch of realism to alley displays with the usage of already existing sumpsters and garbage cans.

73: Carcasses:
While Jakks made the beef carcass for Rocky, that was an already slaughtered and butchered steer turned into beef. I'm talking about animal Carcasses killed in the wild, or by a wild animal/monster. Dogs, cats, rabbits, bovines, deer, horses, humans (like the flayed man from NECA's Predator set) obviously these would be great for fantasy and horror displays. Though I'd love to see a "bootleg Rocky Beef" make an appearance.

72: specimen pods/tanks/capsules:
You know the tank where the Canadian Government held Weapon X? Or the one that holds the Walmart facehugger that I once reviewed... That kind of pods/tanks/capsules I'm speaking of. I'm thinking sets of these in various sizes. The smaller sized ones could have tiny removable creatures (cryptid, geberic aliens, normal animals, whatever) larger sized ones could fit figures. The largest (probably sold separately) should fit a Doomsday BaF sized figure. 

71: various benches:
Park benches, subway station benches, bus stop benches, anti homeless/skateboarders benches. Personally, I'm visualizing a Foot Soldiers in hats and trenchcoats reading a newspaper poorly disguising themselves to lay an ambush on the toitles.

70: clay pots, jars, amphoras, vases, etc.:
These help for fantasy settings and would also look great on displays with a green clad blond elvish teenager whose voice is a series of gasp and grunts... 

69: More sex toys:
Like I wasn't going to use the 69th spot for that. I'm not joking. I've mentioned countless times the toy dildo collection I have. I know that no Western Toy company would touch these with a 70 minus one foot pole. The massage wands from said collection showed up on The Evil Lyn Origins review. The golden shower accessory has made various appearances. The dildo made an appearance on the Doc Brown review... wearing the OWCA agent hat just to censor the dickhead. I KNOW I showed the condoms and lube in other reviews... 
I joked that the Juggernaut crotch BAF piece that came with a Cable figure was a crotch sex toy... well, that's one style of sex toy that I'dike to see in action figure form. Point is that the action figure sex toys seem to be catering towards female action figures. Only 2 sleeves, a pack of condoms, and used condoms are the only sex related accessories for male figures. Male figures need more stuff... I could make a display of Punisher punishing a sleazy sex shop owner who dabbles in snuff.

68:Bicycles and Bike accessories:
Tech Deck finger bicycles don't work, they're too small. I know they're technically a vehicle, but they're small enough to be considered an accessory.

67: small fauna: 
I know that dollar stores can get you snakes for cheap... I did buy a couple of bags of snakes back in the MOTUC Days for King Hsss. But I'm looking for rats... the rodent, the flying rodent, and el rata alada kind... (I mean pigeons). 
Thing is that it doesn't need to stop there:
Cats, small dogs (like chihuahuas or puppies), rabbits, beavers, and other small animals could work too. That includes not so cutesy ones like frogs, turtles, baby alligators or crocodiles too! Smaller critters can count as accessories, because larger ones count as beasts..

66: small plantlife:
I know that if I said Flora, it'd be an encompassing term since that could cover ALL plants, but let me be more specific. Shrubs, bushes and smaller non potted plants. It could also cover single flowers like roses, carnations, etc. The idea is plantlife that can be used in modern and fantasy settings:

65: small ALFs:
No, not Gordon Schumway, but generic Alien Life Forms... small fauna that can work for fantasy or sci-fi. Blue Bunnies (not related to the ice cream) 3-legged birds, winged serpents, oversized insects. Also alien flora with  blue leaved shrubs with weird colored fruit. Scaly cat with horns and any other freakish creations that could make Dr. Moreau feel squeamish. Variations of the carcasses mentioned in a previous entry could work too.

64: office furniture:
While some old WWF accessories from Jakks can help, they're not all currently available. I'm talking about desks, filing cabinets personal computers, typewriters, office chairs... JJJ's desk can't be the only desk available and it's becoming harder to find. 

63: Thrones:
Not talking about GoT's Iron throne nor the Porcelain throne... I mean generic thrones for kings, queens, emperors, Obese men who like to break and enter into children's houses and eat their snacks... Marvel Select's Dr. DOOM and Mephisto's thrones can't be the only options available...

62: Fantasy Furniture and cutlery:
Banquet table, chairs, Round table, spindle wheel (the Sleeping Beauty kind), etc.

61: Telephones, faxes, and other communications paraphernalia:
I mentioned payphones already, but now I'm talking home phones, office phones, fax machines, dispatch radios, walkie talkies, cellphones from the Zack Morris styled bricks all the way to modern smartphones.

That's it for part 2... I'm starting to think I've bitten more thab I can chew, but I've got the rest of the year to figure the following 60 items. Let's see what part 3 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment