Mar 27, 2023

Yet Another Bishie Rat King rant: RATS!!

 Looking for 1:10 or 1:12 scaled rats has been a huge pain in the ass. Saw some suitable candidates on eBay, but alas, they don't send stuff to Puerto Rico... saw some other rats and I bought them...

Rats!!

These seem to be more of a 1:6 scale than 1:10...

Posing next to NECA Rat King and my Custom Toon Shredder. For scale, I added the ninja rat and the unmutated turtles from the Mouser figure pack. Funny thing is that these were the "smallest rats" that the vendor had. "They fit with WWE toys" they told me. If these rats are in scale with WWE figures, what in Jose Canseco juice are those rats drinking?
These rats are too big for the Mousers...
There's my justification for them. Rat King Mutated those rats as a defense against Mousers!!


I'll be using those rats as failed experiments from a tainted batch of retromutagen. This brings me to my next point: 3 rats? Rat King needs a Freaking Army of rats!!
So, here's an idea for a Rat King themed Accessory pack:

Like 9 more rats to boost up his rat Army... 
12 rats is a reasonable number, so these 9 new rats and his existing 3 would make up for 12 rats. Of course we need some new poses, like rats in their normal 4 legged stance, a jumping or landing rat that could cling to a Turtle shell as if the rat is attacking a turtle. Stuff like that.

Once again, I bring the Footski slagpole to ise as a weapon/scepter because Rat King has used a footski in TMNT TiT and it's on his stage in Shredder's Revenge. 

An Ooze canister makes sense... something something turn NYC folks into Splinter-like rat people. I'd paint the ooze different just to show that Rat King tampered with it. 

Of course those don't make a $55 item... here's how I would boost it...
Soft goods coat and maybe new head with hat?
Technically not a new head, since it would use one if the Bishie Rat King heads but with a new top with a hat... it would be more new tooling, but the sculpt is halfway there.

For some reason I'm visualizing him carrying a cat o nine tails... a bit ironic since he's a rat themed villain, but this cat o nine tails is made out of extension cords with the prongs being the tips... maybe he has the skull of a cat at the base of the weapon to show the rats how he has triumphed over a feline... using deranged rat themed villain logic...

Now, I was writing this waay early in the morning of the 27th... PRE-DAWN to be precise...
Then this little thing popped up on some TMNT FB PAGES...

Karai will replace Bishie Rat King in wave 10 and a new rat king will pop up for wave 11...
Fuckdammit!! But I preordered Bishie Rat King!? Does that mean that my Rat King automatically becomes Karai or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment