Aug 16, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: Kraven's Last Hunt 2 pack

I'm a Vulture and Electro short of having a Hasbro Sinister Six. With this Kraven I have 4 out of 6.
Sergei Kravinoff's legacy is covered in shame after the great Hunter hasn't been able to defeat Spider-Man.
He eventually manages to defeat Spidey, bury him alive, and "replace him" before committing suicide. He was revived and he has a mutant bastard son who ALSO used the Kraven moniker.

Spidey on the other hand this sporting the cloth version of the black suit. As a figure he's no different from the Other Symbiote Spidey. Aside Thwip hands instead of wall crawling hands and the bloody Parker head.

Kraven is the main attraction here.
So, the main focus pictorially speaking will be his.

Kraven: передай привет моему маленькому другу

Articulation
From what I've seen this craving it's literally the previously-released Kraven with different lower legs so there must not be any huge changes in the articulation compared to that other Kraven. I do not own the previous release of him. His articulation is similar to standard Marvel Legends fare. I wish he had butterfly articulation in the Torso for better sniping poses. Because really he cannot aim with his bolt action rifle. The closest I've gotten to have him in a shooting pose is the: "Say ello to my little friend!" pose.  and the Butterfly torso articulation would have allowed for better spear using poses.
4.0
Spidey: How are you blocking my blows?
Kraven:У меня есть сила медведя, скорость пумы и деньги мыши.
Spidey: You're in 'Murica! Speak English!
Kraven: As I was saying, you uncultured arachnid swine...
Spidey: Two things: One: I'm Spider-Man, not Spider-Ham
Two: I don't care about your sob story about Mother Russia, comrade!


 paint and sculpt
The scope on this figure is really awesome. It captures the essence of Sergei Kravinoff... aside the swollen ankles that look weird. There is no visible paint slop in my figure.
4.5
Spidey: You almost castrated me with that! Sickly Vlad!*
Kraven: What did you call me?
*= horribly mispronounced attempt at using "cyka blyat"

Accessories 
Kraven the Hunter only comes with a gun and the spear.
For the two pack, it's reasonable enough. Had he been a single pack, I would've asked for a net as an extra accessory.
5.0

Kraven's overall score is a 4.5 and it's a very hard one to top... But, since he's part of a two-pack, we have to consider  as well.
Scarlet S.: What kind of supervillain kicked your ass like that?
MJ: Can you believe this asshole? He called me Gwen in his sleep!
Scarlet S.: Duuude, you messed up bad!! Anyways, I'm outta here!
Pete: Bye Felicia!
MJ: *demonic voice* PEE-TERRRRRR!!!
Pete: Friday reference, MJ, not Black Cat!

So, Spidey's articulation gets a 4.0 and that's decent. At times I miss things like the ability to do full splits and hinged toes from Toy Biz.

His paint and Sculpt would be a 4.5 since there is no slop on my figure and the streamlined sculpt benefits Parker.

On Accessories he gets a 4.0 and that's due to the missing crawl hands.  all Spider-Man figures need to come with the three following  sets of hands:
Web shooting
Wall crawling
Punching

Spidey's overall score is 4.17 and he's a cool figure that needed a little oomph!

With the score of both figures ready we can now determine the overall score of the two pack...
4.34 is the two pack's final score. It's a nice way to obtain a hard to find figure like Kraven the Hunter and the  semi-hard figure to get black suit Spidey.
Pete: Still worth it! Oww...

No comments:

Post a Comment