Jul 31, 2022

Lt. Uhura has been seen by a Keyblade wielder

 Nichelle Nichols, has become the latest victim of Emil Osment's brother and his accursed Necrosight. According to her son, Nichols passed away due to natural causes. As always, my condolences to her friends and family.


Pretty much everyone remembers her as Uhura... I'm not sure, but I think she was in Spider-Man the Animated Series... playing Blade's Mom IIRC. But Nichols was far more important for pushing diversity back in the day, not just on TV but for the Space Program... I know that some of you are thinking that I'm a hypocrite. Since I complain about "diversity" in modern media but Celebrate Nichelle Nichols. 

I can assure you that there is no hypocrisy there. Back then, diversity was about ADDING groups and not Replacing. But back to Ms. Nichols, who is the focus of this rant. It's really awesome how she used her Star Trek powers to help other people of color to boldly go where no people of color had gone before. I had to sneak that Trek Reference somewhere... May she rest in peace. Only Chekov, Sulu and Kirk remain... and I... am... dreaDING... theday... I... have... to... deLIVEr... some... bad... news... 

No comments:

Post a Comment