Apr 12, 2022

I ate a Mushroom risotto and now I'm having ideas...

 I swear that thing was more mushroom than anything. It had Portobello, shiitake, crimini, champignon, enoki, oyster, porcini... hell, I think it even had magic Mushrooms, because I'm having some crazy ideas!! Seriously, it had so many mushrooms that if Mario ate it, he'd be Kaiju sized.

Super7 Ultimates Crazy ideas extravaganza:

I know I recently bitched about Super7 spreading themselves too thin and having too many preorders unfulfilled... at the same time, I've suggested a Vanilla Ice line. So let's begin:

Beakman's World:
It's a rather small lineup... Beakman, Lester, and the female assistant... there were 3 different actresses, so super7 can do the lazy thing of 1 body 3 heads...

The reason Beakman popped into my mind was because of Lester the Rat and the idea of having a TMNT Mouser biting his tail. Also, Beakman's World is far more toyetic than Bill Nye or Mr. Wizard... 
Sure, the Mr. Wizard out of context clips can be fun, but he's not a $55 figure.

Jackie Chan:
We are getting Bruce Lee figures, so I thought of Jackie Chan... Not gonna lie, the Chun Li cosplay Jackie is a huge reason... but the Tribal Jackie Chan from Who Am I? is high on my list.


 Of course I'd need a Normal looking Jackie... preferably a Live Action look from Jackie Chan  Adventures.

Bloodsport:
Kumite! Kumite! Kumite! While it would be nice to get a full roster of Fighters, we only need Van Damme, Bolo Yeung, and Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds...

Originally, I wanted to do Kickboxer, but I had a flashback and chose Bloodsport instead.

3 Ninjas:
I originally wanted to do Surf Ninjas BUT I remembered 3 Ninjas having more potential...
The 3 kids, Grandpa, the bad guy from the first movie, Hulk Hogan... OK you got me... it's all about Hulkster as a Washed up He-Man wannabe... wait, wasn't Ernest the bad guy in that movie?  Holy crap he was!! Wonder how difficult it would be to get Jom Varney's likeness...

Ernest:
While we're at it, let's do Jim Varney's most popular role: Aging John Cena... of course I mean Ernest! And no, I'm  not suggesting Ernest so when Super7 does a Casey 2.0 with exchangeable heads, to use on the Ernest body in order to make a "More comic accurate Movie Casey".

Fresh Prince of Bel Air:
While I have a huge dislike of the Philly Cuckold, I used to enjoy the show. Will, Geoffrey, Jazz, The Banks. personally I want Phil and Carlton the most... no not for TMNT references (even though Uncle Phil is Shredder and in the LATAM Dub Carlton is Leonardo)

Urkel:
No, not a Family Matters line, just Urkel... Steve, Stephan, Robo Urkel, Bruce Lee Urkel...

Reginald Vel Johnson as a cop:
Holy Typecasting! On a positive note this type casting allows him to blend in with multiple toylines.

Michael Jackson:
I know that Figma and SH Figuarts have made Michael Jackson. But those are too small to have with Super7...

NBA Legends:
A small line celebrating the 80s-90s NBA Legendary players... Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Shaq, MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Charles Barkley, just to name a few... maybe toss in a Crybaby James just to have a butt-monkey. In no way this is to have a slam dunkin' Don compete against Michael Jordan.

Captain N the Game Master:
I must be MEGA HIGH!! to Suggest a Captain N line. But it's mostly for Captain N himself, Princess Lana, Simon Belmont, Dr. Wily, Mother Brain, Megaman, Kid Icarus, Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo, Gameboy, and 4 characters that I haven't mentioned... 
Yup... it's a sneaky way to get DiC Legend of Zelda stuff... well Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me Princess, for veing inclusive!

Revenge of the Ninja:
Yes, I'm talking about the Sho Kosugi movie from the 80s. 

This is a win-win line:
Fans of revenge of the Ninja get toys, and TMNTU, GIJoeU fans get Generic Ninjas to fight.
I almost went with Dudikoff but Sho Kosugi is A Legendary Ninja Actor.

Saved by the Bell:
Hey hey hey! What is going on here? Normally I'd suggest NECA to make this, since they're much better at face sculpts, but the possibility of Nefty-kun being Friendzoned by Glimmer, Cheetara, April, Steelhart, and Kelly Kapowski is far too great to pass. And no it's totally not to have Screech fighting alongside He-Man and stabbing Tri-Klops or something like that. I blame NECA's Homelander for this.

Kingdom Hearts:
Before you grab the pitchforks and torches, hear me out...

I know that Play Arts Kai are wallet raping figures and Diamond select gave up on them due to multiple Soras without a Keyblade clogging the shelves... So I'm going to suggest something crazy... Sonce Super7 already has a Disney line, Kingdom Hearts can dedicate itself to the KH Specific folks and KH variants of Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, and the Final Fantasy folks... No, this isn't a ploy to give Nefty-kun a true Buster Sword, a Gunblade, a Masamune, and other Final Fantasy weapons...
It's not a ploy to have an Aerith, a Tifa, and a Cloud in a MOTUC display... Got it Memorized, you nodes? It's more of an I need to make I see dead people references and kinda force Super7 to make more Disney Princesses on their Disney line... 

Mr. T:
I mean the Cartoon version, not a random Mr.T line with him as BA, as himself, as the bearded lady from Freaked, and Clubber Lang. Although a Freaked line would be cool... Nope! Not gonna go down that rabbit hole.  But I have to admit, that the Mister T line is meant to act as a gateway line for Mike Tyson's Mysteries, and maybe even I am the Greatest: The Adventures of Muhammad Ali...

Menudo:
I honestly I have no idea why I just popped into my head. It's not like I have been listening to their music recently, I haven't. All I know is that I can't stop unseeing a Menudo era Ricky Martin action figure. No, I don't want a Ricky Martin Toyline... Nope, not gonna suggest it.

Captain Planet
It's not a huge line: 5 Planeteers, Gaia, Captain Planet, the ecovillains... roughly 5 waves of characters.

Police Academy: (the Animated series)
It makes sense for Super7 to explore this line, since it's the last big not kid friendly product made for kids. 
Other companies *cough*NECA*cough* are tackling the big names like Rambo, Terminator, Aliens, and RoboCop. 
It's doubly important since the Police Academy cartoon style doesn't clash that much with TMNT. 

Double Dragon:
Preferably based on the games over the DiC toon, but I wouldn't be opposed to a few DiC versions. Yes it's mostly for Abobo's Big Adventure references.

Street Sharks:
They're not TMNT copycats, they're FAMILY



I better lie down because I think I'm tripping balls here...

No comments:

Post a Comment