Aug 19, 2021

It came from the Toy Chest: April is coming twice this year!


 No, my dear readers, it's not NECA's Judith Hoag as April from the beat Live Action TMNT movie, but Super7's take on Playmates April.
This April is a reporter she's wearing the yellow jumpsuit, which you can obviously see. I point this out because the NECA April based on Mirage Comics wears a blue jumpsuit and is a lab assistant. This is basically failure because you already know that April is the first human that the turtles make contact with.
S7 April: Hey! I SAID NO NECAs!!
PoP April:Who said I'm a NECA?
S7 April: don't tey to trick me with your no articulation nonesense, you're a NECA!!
PoP April: If I'm a NECA, you're a Playmates toy!!
S7 April: YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!


Articulation 
Super7 didn't fix the hips like they have claimed. Her crotch piece just hides the issue a bit better. Her ankles  can't move and that's scary. Other than that, she has the standard S7 Female figure articulation.
3.5
Vintage accessories with colors!!
Except the attache case. I had to paint that one.


Paint and sculpt 
She pretty much looks like a Larger Playmates April v1, wich while expected, it's disappointing. There was a second version of April v1 with a New head. The "toon" head is an improvement. Paintwise, she matches teh vintage toy. This means she's a bit too pink for me, but I'm not going to repaint her. Flesh tones are a bitch to work with. Also my unsteady hand does not help.
4.0
Bebop: Finally, a Rapist Bebop joke that doesn't 
Involve me sodomizing dudes...
April: Stand back or I'll go Robocop on your dick!
Bebop: Alright... I'll leave peacefully... for now...


Accessories 
Here is the only area where is Super 7 exceeded expectations. 
2 Extra headS 
6 extra hands
Her attache case (unpainted, why?)
Her camera
Her handgun
A tripod
Flashlight?
2 shuriken
2 turtle comm
Press pass
Unpainted vintage styled weapons in weapons tree that turns into the tripod...
April: Mic check!!
Mikey:Right here! I'm awesome!
April: I meant the Microphone...
Mikey: You have a sign on your boobs and I'm  happy to oblige...
April: It means Press as in I'm  a member of the press, not the action...
Mikey: Hakuna your ta-tas, or better yet, let me calm them!


Why in the hell is her attache case unpainted? I'm gonna paint it before I take any pictures...
The gun is a bit of a pain to use as "camera grip" since  it forces April to hold the gun grip lower than normal.
4.5
Mikey: For crying out loud! You keep sending mixed signals! A kiss here, a longer than normal hug there, all the very sexually charged flirting... You're giving me a massive case of Blue Balls there, April!! Let me touch something!!
April: I thought we were friends!!
Mikey: Friends don't purposely leave friends with a massive case of blue balls!


Overall
April gets a 4.0 as her final score. She could've fared better if it wasn't for her stuck joints, less than stellar paint and awkward accessory issues. Despite having a somewhat reasonable score, I feel disappointed with her.
Mikey: You know what? Screw you, April!!
Looks like I'll have to get some release with my doll...
April: Wait a minute, short red head, big boobs, and a killer ass... That doll is supposed to be my proxy?
Mikey: No... Her name is May O'Connor... she's a NOT APRIL O'NEIL!!
April: Wait a minute! That's a bit disturbing, Michelangelo!! Get back here!!
Mikey: No can do! I'm gonna do everything I was going to do to you to her!
April: How were you able to get a doll like that? A doll of that caliber is ridiculously expensive!
Mikey: You missed your chance!!

This disappointment could be magnified once Cheetara arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment