Aug 1, 2021

The MOTU Fandom is highly disappointing

 Revelation came out. I've stated what I liked, what I didn't like and what could've been handled better. Sadly, the fandom has been Toxic from both sides. To be honest, I've seen very little hatred for it in comparison to say, Noelle Stevenson's She-Ra... a reboot which I am not a fan of. Pointing it out for the sake of transparency. Now some of the things that made Noelle Stevenson's take on She-Ra bad for my tastes were rumored to be occurring in Revelation. Luckily those rumors were proven mostly wrong. Sadly the lazy and insulting race swapping remained. To be fair I have been consistent on my dislike of careless racial swapping. I have stated multiple times that it's better to add characters of different ethnicities than to replace existing characters. IF there is no other option than racially switching the characters, then it should have a serious thought proccess other than: "He's black, she's  Asian, he's Brown, she's Native, etc."

I mention this specifc change, because it's the one that "gets me in hot water". For some reason, wanting to elevate characters of color and not wanting "white Hand-me-downs" as characters makes me a "racist bigot". Not liking Teela's new outfit and stereotypical "lesbian" hairdo makes me "sexist and homophobic"... according to some fans of the show. I am also an "incel neckbeard snowflake" because I'm not in love with the show.

Sadly, this has been the main stance of the "fans" you either love everything or you're a string of insults... I can get haters calling me a "castrated SJW cuck" because I saw a Senpai Kouhai relationship between Teela and Andra and didn't see the hyper scissoring carpet munching duo that the haters wanted me to see. I do agree with them on the sidelined He-Man thing, but at the same time I can see the whole "He-Sus" thing that Smith is trying to do with the same subtlety of Hideo Kojima. I'm  a "Woke Soyboy" because I don't mind having Teela in a leading role... Well, both lovers and haters are wrong. This bullshit from Both sides is making prominent members of the Fandom to abstain from talking about Revelation. Because everything's so volatile and polarized now that any Middle Ground means that you're the opposite of what they want to hear. We're missing the opinions of some of the brand's unofficial curators of MOTU History that have even worked WITH Mattel in an official manner. 

You can like the show. You can hate the show. Just cut this "anyone who disagrees with me is my enemy" bullshit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment