Aug 7, 2021

It Came from the toy chest: Rat King v. Vernon: Dawn of Just us rats


 The first of the 3 2 packs fron the Turtle Extravaganza from NECA has arrived. The other two are the Ace Duck/Mutagen Man, the other is the Rock Warriors 2 pack. I also have a Movie April coming and the Loot Crate Danny. Sadly, I missed out on the Catwoman of Channel 6 set, so no Irma or Burne for me.
Vernon: Go on, Toots! *slaps ass* Tell them!
April: You just screwed yourself, you douche!
Mikey: Did Schnoz just disrespect April in front of me?
Raph: Whoa! Mikey calm down! Help me bros, I can't hold him out for much longer...
Don: Uh, Mike, did you just call him Schnoz because of his HUGE GONZO NOSE or because he's Jewish?
Mikey: Because of the Nose, dude. I just want to kick his ass for being a misogynistic prick, not becuase he's Jewish.
Leonardo: Yes, thank you for making clear that it's Vernon's sexism that you're not tolerating and that your future violence against him is based on that and not discriminating because of Religion.
Splinter: Enough! The Yudayahito is not to be hurt... Due to Poriticar Correctness I cannot say my thoughts about him because they woud be carred Anti-Semitism... Damn the Shakai Seigi no Senshi...
April: You're Jewish!?
Vernon: Isn't it obvious? Your Tsherepakhe friends were able to figure it out and they're NOT Channel 6's best Investigative Reporter...
April: Here I thought that you were a hardcore cocaine user...
Mikey: Once this is over, Jabroni, I'm laying the Smackdown!
Vernon: You and what army, short stuff?
April: Not helping, ya douche!



So, Rat King: Hobo Pied Piper wannabe... Incredibly enough, despite being a rat obsessed hobo, he's quite intelligent, bordering on mad scientist or chemist.

Vernon Fenwick: Cameraman who is also a coward, didn't like the turtles until he learned to tolerate him. He also looks like a Jewish Glenn Quagmire... wait a minute, in an episode he is turned into a Rat... Jewish looking guy turned into a rat... Holy Anti-Semitism, Batman! Irma is also turned into a rat in that episode... and she's Jewish.  Hoo boy! Guess I'll have to redo the pics... due to the Possibility of perceived Anti-Semitism that this review may cause.
April: Chill, Michelangelo... slapping my ass will be the furthest he's ever gonna get...
Mikey: Once you go Green you'll never want Human Peen...
Vernon: Holy Zoophilia! April! Don't tell me you've...
Don: Dude, Irma has banged all 4 of us at the same time!
Vernon: But Irma will bang anything with a penis! All 4 of you!? Gevalt!
Leonardo: Weren't you going to ask us for help?
Raphael: Maybe we could discuss this while eating Pizza Bagels?
Vernon: That's offensive... just because I'm Jewish doesn't mean that I...
Raphael: calm your man-tits, Hoovernose! I was offering Pizza bagels because they're a fast pizza treat that can be popped in the microwave.
Splinter: Ret the Judayahito speak.
Vernon: I have a name and it's not "The Jew"...
Splinter: Trying my patience Verunon-kun... speak!!



I didn't have to do the NECA ritual since it was sunny yesterday and the package sat for an hour or two outside before I noticed it and it acclimated to my house temperature a few hours later. But since it's a NECA, Exercise EXTREME CAUTION when moving the joints for the very first time.

Present Vernon VO: As I was walking past the Red Light District, there was a Hobo version of Willard drinking beer! 
Rat King: Hey, You! You're April O'Neil's camera guy!  Wanna see somethig cool?
Vernon: I'm not interested in seeng your penis...
Rat King: What?


Articulation
 Despite looking extremely different, both Vernon and Rat King have similar articulation. Their ranges are pretty decent. As always, take the NECA precautions when defowering the articulation. It can be scary... especially with the swappable parts.
4.5 for both.

Rat King: I can make the rats do what I want with my Ocarina...
Vernon: That's a Flute...
Rat King: *Plays Dragon Caesar tune*
Vernon: Oh look! The rats are fighting each other over a city made of beer cans!
*claps*
Rat King: *Plays Carelss Whisper*
Vernon: The rats are having an orgy! It's gross but I can't stop watching.
Rat King: *Plays Zelda Warp Recorder theme*
Vernon: So, you trained some rats, mazel tov! I'm out of here!
Rat King: Wait! Don't go, please!

Paint and sculpt 
This is kinda weird because despite being made in a cartoon style Vernon is a bit more detailed than Rat King. The latter has a more cartoonish style to the hair while Vernon has more realistic detailing. Both faces have their cartoon accurate looks and their bodies resemble their toon counterparts. 
Paintwise, you know what to expect, bright colors and black inklines hihlighting the cartoony style.
5.0 
Rat King: *unzips* Surprise, you schmo!!
Vernon: I knew it! I knew you WERE gonna show me your- What the Hell!?
Rat King: How about them Apples!?
Vernon Stop peeing my face!


Accessories 
Vernon has:
Camera
Extra hands
Extra rat head
Extra rat forearms

Rat King has
Sling with can grenade holder
Can grenades
Ooze canister
Extra hands 
Rats
Flute

Rat King: Would you like a spot of Tea? I'm bringing the bag...
Vernon: Mmmmmrmmpghmmm!
Rat King: Now you'll see the secret of MY OOZE!!
Vernon: Mmrmm?


I wish we had extra hands and extra heads with alternate expressions for both. Not gonna lie, a trenchcoat and hat would've been cool for Rat King. Also a bucket of rats. 3 rats isn't enough to be a Rat King...
5.0
Splinter: I see you fap a rot. I can see your hairy parms...
Vernon: What the Hell!? It's Willard's ooze that did this!
Don: Wait... Rat King has Retromutagen!?
Splinter: This is bad...

Overall
This set gets a 4.83 as its final score. Despite the odd pairing it's a really good set. I do have a few Nitpicks but these do not have an effect on the score. The most scary part is swapping the hands or forearms in Vernon's case. 
Vernon: Do Not Want!!
Splinter: You are Testing my Patience, Fenwick-san...
Vernon: What happened to Judayahito?
Splinter: I'm not going to call a rat by "Jew"... I may be old and Japanese, but as a rat, I can see the differences between rats and you Vernon Fenwick are a rat, but not similar to me as a rat. I'm only racist towards unmutated humans.
Vernon: What happened to your accent?
Splinter: I only ham it up for visitors. They love that Mister Miyagi shit! Wax on, whacks off! Sando furoa! Painto fence! It has gotten me tons of tail!
Vernon: You still get laid as a rat?
Splinter: Yes, and I ain't talking about Hookers... it's all thanks to Fernando's Medallion.

Honestly I'm a bit sour about missing out on the Channel 6 4 pack even if it meant having a second Vernon, because the Blindfolded head and my collection of action figure sex toys would have been great for my type of juvenile humor... 50 shades of Fenwick... and yes, what's going to be the anesthesia I mean Anastasia.

I still need a Metalhead, a Toon Tokka and Rahzar, lastly a TMNT TiT Super Shredder...
And no I don't care about pirate Rocksteady and Bebop when I have the normal version. If NECA ever makes a Human Baxter based on the arcade game I'll have all the Original TMNT Arcade game bosses with the Traag and Granitor that shall arrive soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment