Dec 1, 2021

Advent Calendar 01 BIZARRO Spider-Man was made by Dr. DOOM!!


 Yes, and it was a cheap figure for Hasbro to make... it is literally is Pizza Spidey in a partially reversed pallette. I think this is the Kaine Body painted in reversed Spidey colors.

Basically Doctor Doom created a literal mirror image of Spider-Man who was his complete opposite. Spidey was smart, Web-Man was dumb. Spidey beats Dr. DOOM and that's it for Web-Man.

Articulation

Spidey: Stop mimicking me!
Webby: Stop mimicking me!
DOOM: I'M STARTING TO THINK THIS WAS A BAD IDEA!

Nothing new here, since he's most likely a redeco of Pizza Spidey Kaine. I have discussed this body ad nauseaum, so I won't go into full detail. He has basic Marvel Legends articulation but has butterfly shoulders. Unlike Pizza Spidey, he DOES have a Boot cut.
4.5

Paint and sculpt 

Spidey: I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye!
Webby: That's a cute outfit! Did your husbamd give it to you?
DOOM: CURSES! IT'S CURRENT YEAR! A HOMOPHOBIC COMMENT LIKE THAT WOULD GET ME CANCELED FASTER THAN JOSS WHEDON!! KICK HIS HOMOPHOBIC ASS, SPIDER-MAN!!
Webby: Wait, whu-?

Again there really is nothing to write home about because he's basically Pizza Spider-Man's clone Kaine but in different colors. There are no additional bits of shading or lightbrushing to make the paint stand out. As I've mentioned many times this body has been reused countless times and there is nothing remarkable that stands out from this usage.
4.5

Accessories 

2 pairs of extra hands. Again nothing remarkable about this figure. This is just a cheap filler figure to balance the costs of Sandman, who got a couple of new parts...
4.0
Spidey: Hah! I knew it! If I turned on my Snark, he would try to outsnark me and he lost... what a dumbass...
DOOM: AH, SO YOU'RE SMARTER THAN YOU LOOK, SPIDER-MAN!! YOU MIGHT BE A POTENTIAL ADVERSARY WORTHY OF DOCTOR DOOM...
Spidey: Wait, so this means that you will do the RIIIIICHAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDSSS! thing you do when Mr. Fantastic foils your plans, but with my name?
DOOM: YES...
Spidey: On second thought, maybe I shouldn't be your adversary... you yelling my name doesn't sound right...
DOOM: AGREED. MAY WE NEVER CROSS PATHS IN THE FUTURE!!
Spidey: Whoa, whoa, whoa, Doc, I meant that you shouldn't be my archenemy... it WAS a refreshing change of pace fighting the mighty Doctor Doom, Emperor of Latveria. 
DOOM: DESPITE YOUR PITIFUL ATTEMPTS AT HUMOR...
Spidey: ouch!
DOOM: IT WAS REFRESHING FIGHTING A WORTHY OPPONENT WHO IS NOT AN ARROGANT KNOW-IT-ALL LIKE STARK OR RICHARDS... IF IT WASN'T FOR YOUR ALTRUISTIC DELUSIONS AND NAIVETE, YOU COULD'VE BEEN MY HEIR...
Spidey: OK NOW I KNOW this is a Doombot. The real Doom wouldn't praise me.


Overall

Web-Man gets an unremarkable 4.33 as his fibal score. I feel like Hasbro could've done a bit more with him. I feel a bit stupid for buying him and noticing that he is useless for Spidercide. But he exists...

No comments:

Post a Comment