Dec 19, 2021

Advent Calendar 19: Shadow Master Super Shredder

Deja Vu?
 I've been in this place before
Higher on the street
And I know it's my time to go

 This is a milking it repaint... and I'm a sucker for buying it. I'm leaving the original review here as a reference and so you can see his accessories. I'm not going to go through the hassle out of pulling them of the tray just to take one picture and then putting them back on the tray and putting one Super shredder in storage.

The normal version of Super shredder is costume accurate, but he doesn't look screen accurate. The shadow Master version looks more screen accurate with the more realistic color palette.

Articulation
Weird arm articulation is weird especially at the elbows. This hasn't changed because this is a repaint not a new figure. Fortunately this version of Super Shredder had no Frozen joints.
4.5
SMSS: YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!
SS: I ALREADY SAID THAT...
SMSS: SCREW YOU, YOU BATMAN AND ROBIN NEON GOON REJECT...
SS: SCREW YOU ZACK SNYDER STEPPENWOLF WANNABE...


Paint and sculpt 
It's amazing how a different paintjob can make a figure pop... in this case the more subdued paint job with duller colors and darker washes make the figure fit better with the rest of the line.
5.0
Shredder: I hate it when both my dads are mad at each other...
SMSS and SS: SHUT UP YOU LITTLE SHIT!!


Accessories
Same as the previous figure 
Extra hands
Ooze canister
Spear
I wish his cape was removable here too...
4.0

Overall 
This version is a smidge better than the previous one... I must resist the temptation and avoid buying the "Chef Boyardee and Playmates inspired" Super Shredder. Honestly if for some reason you can only buy one version of Super shredder I wholeheartedly recommend this one over the original version. 
4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment