Dec 21, 2021

Advent Calendar 21: BACK TO THE FUTURE II stuff by NECA


 Originally, I was hoping for Super7 Donatello and Casey Jones to reach me before the 20th. They didn't so, I had to use one of my backup items, in this case BTTF II Biff and Marty. I was unable to get a BTTFII Doc Brown and they haven't released Griff Tannen yet.

So, without further ado, we have 1985 Marty in 2015 and 1955 Biff Tannen.
Marty: A NECA HOVERBOARD!? I could've sworn it was a MATTEL HOVERBOARD!!


Just watch the Back to the Future movies to get a better explanation. I don't have the time nor the martinis in me to explain time travel and jigawatts...
Marty: A Past me!? How is this possible!?
Past Marty: Nice skateboard!!
Marty: It's a hoverboard and get off now before you kill us both!
Past Marty: Kill us both?


Articulation 
1985 Marty in 2015 has the same style of articulation as 1985 Marty.  I mentioned in the other Marty review, you have to be extremely careful when playing with their articulation or swapping hands. Being NECA Figures and fragile as hell. 
Marty: Yeah... something about past self having an effect on future self... don't you remember the photograph?
Past Marty: No, I didn't come with it. Further past Marty has it...
Marty: Have a Pepsi, that way we both can enjoy it.
Past Marty: I'm not entirely sure that's the way time travel works... we should ask Doc.


Biff feels a bit stiffer, which caused balancing issues. Meaning he requires a bit more tume to work in on the articulation... with extrwme care especially in colder temperatures. 
Both figures get a 
4.0
Past Marty: What's the deal with the My Little Pony box?
Marty: In 2015 My Little Pony is super Popular where grown men enjoy the show and they call themselves Bronies.
Past Marty: Brownies?
Marty: No, Bronies... You know Eddie Murphy and Bill Cosby?
Past Marty: Yeah...
Marty: Well, in the future one of them's now making kids movies while the other is facing charges of sexual assault.
Past Marty: This is Heavy!!


Paint and sculpt
The head sculpts for these figures are great. There's a huge Improvement in the Michael J. Fox likeness on the second movie Marty. The Tom F. Wilson heads capture Wilson's likeness perfectly. Wonder when NECA will make a Manure Biff. Both figures get a
5.0
Biff: Calvin Klein and Calvin Klein... Hello, Buttheads!
Martys: It's Biff Tannen!
I'm here for two things: Eating Hamberders and injecting bleach! And I'm all out of buttery males!
Marty: He's going to kick our ass...
Past Marty: I brought backup...


Accessories 
Here is where we have to split up the figures:
Marty has:
-Extra head
-Extra pepsi holding hand
-2015 pepsi
-2015 pepsi bottle delivery capsule
-Hoverboard
-Alt. Foot rest for hoverboard with peg
-Alt. Base piece for hoverboard to plug to a stand
-Clear stand
Biff: Who the Hell are you?
Casey Jones: I'm your new teacher and my first class is PAIN!!


Biff has:
-2 paper fliers
-extra head
-3 extra hands
-sports almanac
- box to keep almanac.  The Ooh-La-La issue inside of it is non removable.

I honestly don't know how to feel about these. Most of the stuff that Marty has feels useless. The pepsi needs a cafe 80s diorama to work. I kinda miss the removable handlebar from the Hoverboard.
On Biff's case I'm slightly disappointed that the Ooh-La-La magazine is non-removable. 


I honestly can't think of anything else that could've come with them aside 1:10 scale vehicles.
Marty: 4.5
Biff: 5.0
Casey: All taken care of... I hate it when bullies pick on people smaller than them...
Marty: But you-
Present Marty: Look, past me, don't  bother trying to find any logic to this.
Marty: But you're past me...
Present Marty: Like I said, don't search for Logic here...
1950s Doc: MARTYS! I NEED YOUR HELP! FUTURE ME HAS TURNED HIMSELF INTO A PICKLE AND IT WOULD BE THE FUNNIEST SHIT I'VE SEEN IF IT WASN'T FOR ONE SMALL FACT: I HATE PICKLES AND I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE!!
Martys: THIS IS HEAVY DOC!!


Overall:
While the figures are pretty close, Biff got the better score due to his accessories feeling more complete than Marty's. This doesn't mean that Marty is a bad figure seeing he got a 4.5 final score. Biff got ahead with his 4.67 final score. Both figures scored higher than Doc Brown and I freaking LOVE that figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment